City of New Hope Logo

City of New HopeMinnesota

Welcome to New Hope

We're so glad you chose to make New Hope your home! Whether you're brand new to the city, or have lived here numerous years, this page is filled with great info for you to know about our great town!

Residents Guide

Review the Residents Guide to familiarize yourself with the city (elected officials, parks, housing info, etc.)


Homestead Information

Visit Hennepin County's website to apply for homestead status. You may apply for homestead at any time during the year, but must own and occupy a property by December 1 and apply by December 15 to qualify for taxes payable in the following year. All applications are made to, and processed by, the Hennepin County Assessor's Office. Please call the Hennepin County Assessor's Office at 612-348-3046 with questions. 


New Hope Social Media

Social media is a great way to keep up-to-date on the latest community news and information. The city of New Hope currently hosts three Facebook pages and was named a "Neighborhood Favorite" by Nextdoor in 2019.


Restaurants and Coffee Shops

New Hope offers several dining options in the form of restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops.


Alarm Registration

New Hope city ordinance requires that all residential and business property owners register their alarm systems. Residential alarm owners are only required to register their system once and pay a one-time fee of $25, unless they drop and reinstate service, change service providers, or sell their property. Residential alarm users should contact the city promptly if their contact or key holder information changes. 


Utility Billing Information

The city's utility bill includes water, sewer, recycling, storm drainage, street lighting, and a water testing charge assessed by the state of Minnesota. Utility bills are sent to utility customers at the end of each month and due the 21st of the month. Many payment options are available including automatic, online, and over-the-phone payment. 


Trash and Recycling

City ordinance requires every household to have garbage collection at least once a week. New Hope currently licenses several residential garbage service providers. Licensed garbage haulers collect trash on Tuesdays for New Hope homes south of 42nd Avenue and on Wednesdays for homes north of 42nd Avenue. Garbage containers should be set at the curb either the night before or the day of the scheduled pickup by 6 a.m. Containers must be returned to a storage location that is either inside or screened from view from the street. Each hauler provides their own garbage container or dumpster. 

New Hope provides curbside recycling through Hennepin Recycling Group (HRG) to single-family homes, town homes and small apartment buildings with fewer than eight units. Recycling is collected every other week, on the same day as garbage (on Tuesday form homes south of 42nd Avenue and on Wednesday for homes north of 42nd Avenue). If a recycling container was not left at your residence, or you would like to request a different size container, please contact HRG at 763-493-8006.


Elections and Voter Registration

Elections occur in New Hope in even-numbered years. Both the New Hope website and Minnesota Secretary of State website contain a number of resources related to voter registration, checking registration status, finding your precinct and more. 


Property Maintenance Guide

The city of New Hope Property Maintenance Reference Guide is intended to summarize minimum maintenance requirements and standards required for premises, structures, equipment, and facilities located within the city. It addresses common violations of city ordinances and frequently asked questions.


Home Improvement Program Information

The Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) offers residential, commercial/non-profit, and rental property owners access to a comprehensive array of financing and rehabilitation services. 


On-Street Parking

On-street parking is prohibited from 2 to 6 a.m. on New Hope city streets, and limited to ten consecutive hours at any other time. Permits may be issued in certain situations, such as construction or visitors. Contact the police department at 763-531-5170, or after hours at 952-258-5321, to request permission to park overnight. Additionally, during the winter months, there is no on-street parking after a snow fall of 1-1/2 inches or more until the street has been plowed. 

City of New Hope | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.